Android Talks @ Cookpad #1 (English only)
Organizing : Cookpad
Standard (Lottery Finished)
About "Android Meetup"
This meetup is all about Android development and we would love to meet Android developers to share the latest languages, experiences and anything related to Android dev.
Date and Place
2017 April, 26th
Cookpad Inc. Yebisu Garden Place Tower 12th Floor
4-20-3 Ebisu, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-6012 Japan (map)
19:00 - onCreate(): Door opens - Food/Beverages is served
19:30 - onStart(): #1 - Kotlin and Android Development - How do we use Kotlin at Cookpad? - by Kittinun Vantasin @ Cookpad
20:15 - onPause(): Coffee break
20:20 - onStart(): #2 - Experimenting different Architectures for Android by JunRong Tan @ Cookpad
21:05 - onPause(): Beer break
21:10 - onDestroy() - APIClient.fetchFoo(): Networking
22:00 - onBackPress(): Get back home
- I am a Mobile Engineer working at Cookpad doing iOS and Android apps. My favourite programming languages are Kotlin, Swift, C++ and love hacking around with Arduino. Love Japanese food like Gyoza, Ramen and Sushi. I have passion in open source projects. I don't speak Japanese but if you would like to talk to me in Japanese, feel free to try. Please follow me.
- I’m an Android Engineer working at Cookpad. Had a little experience in C, Ruby and currently learning Kotlin. Fell in love in snowboarding after moving to Japan, learning Japanese language during my free time. Stalk me.
Please let us know, if you want to speak/talk/rant or even do standup comedy at our meetup. We do need new faces to be our speaker and also community needs you. Also, we also have some swags for guest speakers talking in our event.
- Please don't eat anything before coming into the meetup, we have plenty of delicious food and drinks to fill your hungry stomachs.
- Neither of the speakers speaks functional Japanese, so this event is mainly in English. Sorry for your inconveniences.
- We are also hiring great engineers @ Cookpad. If you happen to like us, please go visit our website and apply there, or come talk to us directly in the event. If you happen to not like us, don't tell us, we don't want to know that :P
Hmm. Can you somehow make it related to Android development :sweat:? If it doesn't related to Android development, I am not sure how it can be fit with out meetup then.
Hi Kittinum. The talk would be about my most recent open source work on https://github.com/hyperapp/hyperapp. It's not directly related to Android development. Does it work for you?
Hey Jorge, I feel like this meetup doesn't necessarily need to limit at Kotlin. I feel that if your talk is somehow related to Android development in some way, it is okay and I would love to have you as our guest speaker. If you believe that you talk applies to that please come and talk to me directly into the event. Thanks.